Apply for Funding
Each year the Foundation awards approximately 200 grants totaling $7 million across four program areas:
General Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply for funding, we strongly suggest that you review the general eligibility criteria below, the program area descriptions that are relevant to your request, and the Frequently Asked Questions.
IRS Tax-Exempt Status
Meyer grantees must be nonprofit organizations with tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and organized and operated for charitable purposes.
Organizations must serve the people and communities of the Washington, DC metropolitan region, defined by the Foundation as:
- Washington, DC
- Montgomery and Prince George’s counties, Maryland
- Arlington, Fairfax, and Prince William counties
- The cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Manassas, and Manassas Park, Virginia
We Do Not Fund
- Individuals, either through scholarships or other forms of financial assistance
- Government agencies
- For-profit business
- Scientific or medical research
- Special events or conferences
- Programs that promote religious doctrine
- Organizations outside of the Washington, DC metropolitan region, as defined above.